If you are looking for laser hair removal in Vancouver BC, Anti-Aging Medical & Laser Clinic uses state-of-the-art laser technology that is effective, safe and can be used to remove unwanted hair from most any part of the body. Compared with other methods, such as electrolysis and waxing, laser hair removal lasts longer and is less painful.
For information about hair removal costs, contact us.
What is laser hair removal?
Our Clinic uses Synernon’s elos eLaser ™ (electro-optical synergy) for long-term hair reduction. Elos technology is an 810mm diode laser with a secondary color-blind energy source, which creates results that are far superior to shaving, waxing, plucking, or electrolysis. Hair follicles are precisely targeted and destroyed using the revolutionary combination of bi-polar radio frequency (RF) and light energies.
Benefits of laser hair removal
- More effective and less painful than other hair removal methods.
- Targets any area of the body.
- Normal activity is possible immediately after treatment.
- The laser treatment leaves you with clear, healthy looking skin.
- Results are long-lasting, effective, and safe.
(Results vary by individual patient and results cannot be guaranteed)
Am I a good candidate?
Laser hair removal treatments are most effective when hair is significantly darker than skin. If you have red or dark blonde hair, more treatments are required and results may vary. The best candidate has lighter, non-tanned skin and dark hair.
Areas most often treated are: face, bikini area, legs, arms and underarms, and men’s chest and back.
Before the treatment
- Avoid tanning before or between treatments.
- Best times for treatment are fall, winter, and spring, and after a tan fades.
- Do not pluck or wax the hair follicles within 8 weeks before the treatment.
- Shave the area 1-2 days before treatment.
- A small jar of topical numbing cream may be purchased at your initial consultation. 30-minutes to 1 hour before you arrive for your laser hair removal treatment, apply a thin layer of the numbing cream and cover it with cling food wrap (Saran wrap).
What happens during the treatment?
On larger treatment areas, such as legs or back, your technician may mark out the area to be treated to ensure that hair isn’t missed. Next, a thin layer of water-based, ultra-sound gel is applied to keep the skin cool and increase the conduction of the eLaser’s radio frequency energy.
During your laser hair removal treatment you will feel some heat and a prickly sensation. The technician uses numbing cream and a cold air blower to minimize any discomfort.
Treatment time: up to 1 hour depending on the size of the area being treated.
After the treatment
- If your skin still feels hot when you return home, use cold packs to cool the area.
- Use only gentle cleansers and moisturizers (such as aloe vera gel) until all inflammation is gone (1-7 days).
- Avoid sauna/steam rooms, hot showers, baths, and swimming pools for 24-48 hours.
- Do not use your regular makeup for 24 hours except for mineral makeup (which may be applied any time after the treatment).
- Do not use perfumed products for 24-48 hours.
- Use sunscreen with SPF 30-50 for 4 weeks on areas exposed to direct sunlight.
- Rarely, minor blistering may occur, but can be treated with Polysporin.
- Rarely, spots of darkened pigment occur, but resolve themselves.
Recovery time: no downtime required.
- Do not tan between treatments. Tanned skin cannot be treated.
- Do not wax or pluck hairs between treatments because a root must be intact for the laser treatment to work.
- Shaving is permitted between treatments.
- Call the clinic if you have any concerns: 604-261-9121.
How many treatments will I need?
The number of laser hair removal treatments you’ll need for optimal results is difficult to predict. Each treatment results in about 15% hair reduction. With each new cycle of growth, less hair grows back. After a sufficient number of treatments (depending on hair/skin type and the area being treated) you will notice permanent hair reduction.
Hair growth occurs in cycles including a growth phase (anagen phase) and resting phase (telogen phase). Because e-laser treatments are only effective on hair in the growth phase, several treatments are often required.