Our skin and laser clinic offers the Nefertiti Lift to Vancouver, BC area clients who desire a lifted, well-defined jawline and more slender, elegant neck. This non-surgical facelift is named for Queen Nefertiti whose bone structure and beauty is legendary.
To book a complimentary consultation or for information about Nefertiti Lift costs, contact us.
What is a Nefertiti lift?
The Nefertiti Lift is designed to improve the appearance of the neck and jawline. For both men and women, neck cords (platysmal bands) become more visible in late middle age, and the jawline sags and becomes “bumpy”, losing its definition. Visible neck cords and a sagging jawline are partially a result of muscle contractions. A lifetime of repeated neck contractions pull the skin taught, making the long tubular bands look more severe, and, contracted muscles around the jawline pull skin downward, resulting in jowly, less attractive contours.
In the Nefertiti Lift, Botox ® is strategically injected, causing these muscles to relax. The result: a slender, smoother neck, reduction of visible banding, and a more well-defined, youthful looking jawline.
Benefits of a Nefertiti lift
- Non-invasive face lift
- Improvements seen in 3-7 days
- No downtime
(Results vary by individual patient and results cannot be guaranteed)
Am I a good candidate?
If your jawline has lost definition and you have developed noticeable jowls, if you have pronounced visible neck cords – either when relaxed or when you clench your jaw – you are a good candidate for a Nefertiti Lift.
Nefertiti lift contraindications
Do not have Botox injections if you:
- Are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- Have sensitivity or allergy to botulinum toxin or to any of the ingredients of Botox.
- Have been been diagnosed with myasthenia gravis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or Eaton Lambert syndrome.
Before the treatment
- Because any injectable cosmetic treatment may cause bruising, plan your treatment at least 2 weeks before any important event.
- Stop taking Aspirin or drinking red wine a few days prior to treatment.
- Allow skin infections, open wounds or sores to completely heal before a treatment.
- Read and understand the Botox contraindications and warnings.
What happens during the treatment?
After taking a set of “before” photos, a technician will take you to a treatment room and apply a thin layer of numbing ointment in the areas to be injected. A treatment plan will be developed, deciding which areas to treat to get the most benefit. The numbing agent will take 10-20 minutes to take effect, after which the treatment will begin. Before each injection, an ice pack will be used to further numb the skin at the injection site. The combination of topical anesthetic and pre-injection icing make the injections quite tolerable.
Treatment time: Approximately 30 minutes.
After the treatment
Your skin may appear pink and slightly swollen at the injection areas, but this after effect usually subsides in about an hour. Most people can resume their regular activities immediately.
- Avoid lying down for 4 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid lying face down for 48 hours post-treatment.
- Avoid strenuous activities, including exercise for 4 hour post-treatment.
- Pinkness usually resolves in under a hour.
Recovery time: No downtime required. In some cases, up to 2 weeks for minor bruising to completely disappear. Patients with more visible bruising may prefer to take social downtime.
How many treatments will I need?
Botox treatments should be touched up in about 3-6 months.
Other treatment options
More information about the Nefertiti lift
- Read the U.S. National Library of Medicine abstract “Nefertiti lift: a new technique for specific recontouring of the jawline.”
- Read the Daily Mail article “Would you try the no-knife neck lift to look as good as Helen Mirren?”