Acne vulgaris is so named because of its profound effect. This is not just a benign disease affecting adolescents. Extensive active acne can involve pustules and keloid scars which can eventually lead to permanent scarring and pigment alteration. Acne can form not only on our face, but also chest, back, arms, and buttocks.
Disfiguring acne poses a major social barrier, affecting self-esteem and mood. Active acne provides the opportunity to intervene and prevent acne scarring and pigment. The most common causes of acne include: Bacteria, Hormonal changes, Diet, Stress, and Clogged hair follicles among others
Most common causes of acne include:
- Hair follicles clogged by dead skin cells and oil
- Hormonal changes
To get rid of active acne, you can try the following:
- Prescription oral medications such as antibiotics, birth control pills, spironolactone, and Accutane for more severe cases.
- Inflamed acne cysts can be injected with corticosteroid solution to provide accelerated anti-inflammatory effect.
- Prescription creams with retinoids (Retin-A Micro, Tazorac, and Tactuo) as well as antibiotics and benzoyl peroxide (Clindoxyl gel or BenzaClin) all help treat different aspects of active acne.
Popular Treatments For Active Acne
Forever Clear BBL™
Forever Clear BBL™
Forever Clear BBL uses intense pulse light, designed specifically to treat active acne.
Combining Venus Viva with microneedling is great to treat active acne.
Chemical Peels can help treat active acne like red pimples, whiteheads, and blackheads.
All Treatments for Active Acne
Book Your Initial Consulation in 3 Simple Steps
- Enter your details and areas of concern.
- Select a day and time on Jane App.
- Pay a consultation fee of $125 (this fee is applied toward your treatment).
Already a Patient?Book Your Next Appointment
Book Your Initial Consultation Now And Get A $25 Gift Card*