That is why dry skin can be caused by many factors including: hormonal changes, menopause, andropause, diuretic medication, and topical medications as retinoids among others.
Most common causes of dry skin include:
- Harsh skin products and detergents.
- Certain medications, and some illnesses
- Eczema or psoriasis can make the skin prone to dryness
- Incorrect makeup, excessive washing, inadequate moisturization
- Changes in the weather, like in winter, when the temperature drops
- Space heaters, wood-burning stoves, and fireplaces reduce humidity and dry your skin
Here are some tips to get rid of dry skin:
- Medical-grade moisturizing skin care products specifically made for dry skin types. For example, topical hyaluronic acid such as found in B-5 Hydrating Gel from SkinCeuticals, penetrate into the skin and attract moisture.
- Identify the cause of your dry skin and optimize hormones with a comprehensive medical evaluation.
- Wash your face, pat dry, and apply a moisturizer immediately to trap water in the skin.
- If retinoids (prescription), retinaldehyde or retinols (in anti-aging skin care products) are used, start with one pea sized amount, two to three nights per week. Only build up after a few weeks, once you tolerate the redness and dryness effect. This way you can also combat acne, wrinkles, and sun damage effectively in the long term.
Popular Treatments for Dry Skin
Skinvive™ is the newest addition to Juvederm’s lineup of injectable fillers. Skinvive™ represents an advanced solution to restore your skin’s moisture levels from deep within. Utilizing its patented technology and harnessing the rejuvenating power of hyaluronic acid, Skinvive™ precisely addresses dryness at its core, resulting in skin that feels nourished, exceptionally supple, and rejuvenated.
Chemical Peels can be used on dry skin. A light peel helps with surface level problems such as dry skin, improving the appearance of your skin.
Intended to rejuvenate and protect your skin, by exfoliating surface level dead skin cells.. HydraFacials are safe for all skin types including dry skin.
All Treatments for Skin
Book Your Initial Consulation in 3 Simple Steps
- Enter your details and areas of concern.
- Select a day and time on Jane App.
- Pay a consultation fee of $125 (this fee is applied toward your treatment).
Already a Patient?Book Your Next Appointment
Book Your Initial Consultation Now And Get A $25 Gift Card*