Forehead Frown Lines
The glabella lines, also known as frown lines, is one of the most sought after areas to be treated. This is typically because you use the muscles in this area more frequently and constantly. These lines are normally caused subconsciously. Whether that be from your “concentrating face” or even your “resting face”. These lines are often misunderstood as they can be mistaken for looking angry or upset. As you age, these repetitive movements can leave a longer impact on us than we would prefer. Thankfully, there are solutions globally used to help relax these muscles without sacrificing your ability to concentrate and focus.
Once frowning has occurred for many years, the moving lines progress into resting lines that are there even when not frowning. At that stage, neuromodulators are insufficient and can be combined with dermal fillers. The use of neuromodulators and/or dermal fillers are both wonderful treatments that we know will give you excellent results.
Most common causes of frown lines include:
- Sun damage,
- Repeated muscle movements from frowning or deep concentration, and
- Excessive sun exposure without UV protection
WHAT CAN BE DONE?
Tips to Reduce Frown Lines
Prevent your frown lines from becoming permanent. The following can be done to reduce the appearance of frown lines.
- Neuromodulators injected into the glabella area to relax the muscles that pull to create these lines. See our recommended treatments for frown lines.
- Fillers such as Belotero,® Juvederm or Restylane are carefully injected into the vertical glabellar lines.
- Thermage CPT Radiofrequency can also be used to tighten facial skin.
- Halo Laser Resurfacing and Venus Viva treatments can smooth permanent lines.
PicoWay Laser significantly improves wrinkles including frown lines as well as other aging lines on the face.Learn more
Neuromodulators relax skin muscles because they are injected directly to the underlying muscle, resulting in reduced wrinkles, making them great to treat frown lines.Learn more
Infini™ RF Microneedling
The Infini treatment reduces frown lines because it improves superficial fine lines and facial wrinkles and improves elasticity.Learn more
SkinCeuticals Retexturing Activator
The SkinCeuticals Retexturing Activator is a 2-in-1 hydrating exfoliant solution that diminishes the look of surface lines.Buy Now
ZO Growth Face Serum
A skincare product that supports skin rejuvenation, reduces the appearance of expression lines and wrinkles, and protects against future signs of aging.Buy Now