Forehead Frown Lines
The frown lines or glabella lines is the most popular area treated with neuromodulator injections. While other lines have some positive aspects, these lines can note frustration and anger. Many people inadvertently contract their glabella muscle between the eyebrows to produce frown lines subconsciously.
This can occur on reading, concentrating, or even thinking. Once frowning has occurred for many years, the moving lines progress into resting lines that are there even when not frowning. At that stage, neuromodulators are insufficient and dermal filler would also need to be injected. The look of two permanent vertical frown lines in the glabella area is known as the 11 sign.
Additional causes of frown lines apart from aging include:
- repeated muscle movements
WHAT CAN BE DONE?
How to Get Rid of Frown Lines?
The following can be done to reduce the appearance of frown lines
- Neuromodulators injected into the glabella area to relax the muscles that pull to create these lines.
- Soft dermal fillers such as Belotero,® Juvederm or Restylane are carefully injected into the vertical glabellar lines. Thick filler needs to be avoided for fear of compromising blood supply.
- Thermage CPT Radiofrequency to tighten facial skin.
- Halo Laser Resurfacing to smooth permanent lines.
- Surgical brow lift can reduce frown lines for a few years.
PicoWay Laser significantly improves wrinkles including frown lines as well as other aging lines on the face.Learn more
Neuromodulators relax skin muscles because they are injected directly to the underlying muscle, resulting in reduced wrinkles, making them great to treat frown lines.Learn more
Infini™ RF Microneedling
The Infini treatment reduces frown lines because it improves superficial fine lines and facial wrinkles and improves elasticity.Learn more