Sweaty armpits are usually a passing condition. But if you suffer from excessive underarm sweating (axillary hyperhidrosis) even while resting, this can drastically interfere with your life.
Many with the condition develop near-compulsive coping routines to hide the problem. You may choose clothing that doesn’t show sweat stains, cover-up under layers of clothing, wear tissue beneath clothing, or avoid social situations. But this condition can be treated!
Most common causes of excessive sweaty underarms include:
- Stress and anxiety
- Medications that help manage stress (can actually make you sweat)
- Primary hyperhidrosis
WHAT CAN BE DONE?
How to Get Rid of Sweaty Underarms?
Aside from professional treatments, the following can help cope with sweaty underarms.
- Shave underarm hair to help reduce excessive sweat and eliminate body odour.
- Wear breathable, loose-fitting clothing, so your underarms cool properly and prevent staining.
- Avoid caffeine as it stimulates the nervous system and increases sweating.
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water and eat water-based foods to keep your body cool.
- Use topical antiperspirants to kill odour-causing bacteria and actively block your sweat glands from producing underarm sweat.
Therapeutic Neuromodulators can relieve symptoms of excessive sweaty underarms for an average of 7 months.Learn more
Infini Dry permanently reduces the amount of sweat and foul odours in your underarms, by targeting sweat glands (coming soon).