If you’ve been searching for stomach scar removal techniques, but you are fed up with “miracle creams” that promise but don’t deliver and don’t want to undergo a stomach scar revision surgery, there are alternatives to surgery that require no downtime and are relatively painless and cost far less.
Types of stomach scars are:
- Caesarean section scars: C-section scars are 4 to 6 inches wide in an arc just above the pubic area. Though used rarely now, sometimes a vertical incision is made that is much more visible than the horizontal incision.
- Tummy tuck scars: Abdominoplasty or “tummy tuck” scars are quite wide, extending from just inside the hip on one side of the abdomen to the other. The incision is usually made just above the pubic hairline.
- Laparoscopic surgery scars: Laparoscopy is used for internal examination/assessment and surgery. A laparoscopy scar is usually small – about ¼” wide. Sometimes, in laparoscopic surgery, there is more than one “keyhole” scar from incisions made for other small surgical instruments.
- Appendectomy scars: If the surgery is not performed by “keyhole” or laparoscopy, an appendectomy scar can be 3 or 4 inches wide, several inches below the navel toward the outside of the abdomen.
- Burn scars and accident scars
WHAT CAN BE DONE?
How to Get Rid of Stomach Scars?
To get rid of stomach scars, you can use natural remedies to make them less noticeable or proceed with minimally invasive cosmetic treatments. You can also use an over the counter scar treatment cream.
Our Vancouver clinic provides non-surgical scar reduction treatments for any type of scar. We offer stomach scar reduction using laser therapy, radiofrequency and corticosteroid injections.
HALO™ Hybrid Fractional Laser
Halo Laser is safe to use on light and dark-skin types. This treatment improves your skin's appearance by triggering your skin’s natural healing response to reduce scars.Learn more
Intense Pulsed Light
IPL is best for people with fair to medium skin colour, reducing the visibility of scars, leaving you with an evenly toned skin.Learn more
Venus Viva is skin resurfacing ablative treatment that also softens scarring, making it a great option to reduce stomach scars.Learn more