If you prefer to download the forms, print and fax them back to us at 604-261-8878 or scan and email to [email protected]
Dr. Frame will review your information and our clinic will contact you to set up an appointment.
- Fill out Introduction Questionnaire for WOMEN — for MEN
- Once Dr. Frame has reviewed your information and approved your suitability, our clinic will contact you to set up an initial 1-hour consultation. This requires a pre-payment of $600 for your first appointment which you can pay with a credit card over the phone.
- You will be asked to fill out the In-Depth Health Questionnaire for WOMEN — for MEN and attach any recent blood work you may have had done.
What is included in a brain aging consultation?
The first step in preventing brain aging is to evaluate your level of brain or cognitive functioning. Then you can look for causes of brain decline and try to prevent them. A Brain Aging Evaluation can include:
1. Full medical history
2. Cognitive testing
3. Psychological testing for depression
4. Neurological examination
5. Referral for blood, urine, CT, MRI as needed
6. Genetic counselling, if indicated
7. Supplement, medication and lifestyle advise
8. Prescription medication, if necessary
9. Brain exercise prescription
10. Brain “superfood” coaching
11. Physical exercise for brain function
Why is a brain aging consultation useful?
Of all the aging processes, brain aging is the most feared. Ultimately, many of us will end our lives with dementia or Alzheimer’s Disease.
A huge proportion of seniors are forced to live in nursing homes because dementia makes them incapable of looking after themselves. Dementia is NOT normal brain aging but is often confused with it. Dementia is an actual disease of the brain structure. 5% of people over 65 have dementia and about 50% of those over 85. Everyone else has some form of brain aging affecting memory, judgement, behaviour and speech.
Currently, there is no known way to reliably prevent the commonest form of dementia, Alzheimer’s Disease. Luckily we can prevent Vascular Dementia (also known as Ischemic Dementia) as this is due to narrowing of the blood vessels in the brain. The same behaviour supplements, medication and tests that prevent narrowing of the blood vessels in the heart or coronary atherosclerosis, can prevent brain blood vessel narrowing.