How to arrange a Cancer Risk Evaluation
To request a Private Medical Consultation with Dr. Frame, please complete the Introduction Questionnaire:
If you prefer to download the forms, print and fax them back to us at 604-261-8878 or scan and email to [email protected]
Dr. Frame will review your information and our clinic will be in contact with 72 hours.
- Fill out Introduction Questionnaire for WOMEN — for MEN
- Once Dr. Frame has reviewed your information and approved your suitability, our clinic will contact you to set up an initial 1-hour consultation. This requires a pre-payment of $600 for your first appointment which you can pay with a credit card over the phone.
- You will be asked to fill out the In-Depth Health Questionnaire for WOMEN — for MEN and attach any recent blood work you may have had done.
What is included in a cancer risk evaluation?
A Cancer Risk Evaluation can include :
- Full medical history
- Careful family history review
- Targeted physical examination
- Referral for colonoscopy, CT, MRI, ultrasound, saliva, sputum, urine, stool or blood tests as needed
- Discussion and arrangement of genetic testing as needed
- Supplement, medication and lifestyle advice
- Planning for future testing schedule
- Referral to the relevant specialists for more detailed consultations
Why is a cancer risk evaluation useful?
General screening for certain cancers is available to the general public in British Columbia. There are province-wide screening programs for breast cancer (Screening Mammography Program) and cervix cancer (Papanicolaou or Pap testing).
Other cancers such as skin cancer, prostate cancer and colon cancer have guidelines to help doctors and patients. These province-wide initiatives are covered by the BC Medical Services Plan (MSP) based on their cost-effectiveness, ie; how much money it takes to pick up how many cancers and save how many lives. Unfortunately, this doesn’t help an individual decide how far to go in cancer testing and prevention. Other cancer killers, such as ovarian, lung and pancreas cancer, have no decent, validated screening tests.
Many people can benefit from an individual assessment to look at their own particular risk of the top cancer killers. Everyone attending Anti-Aging Medical & Laser Clinic for a Cancer Risk Evaluation has the chance to evaluate their own specific risk. Then they can decide which extra tests to perform, which investigations to pursue and most importantly, which behaviour to modify. Five prevention steps can cut cancer risk in half, according to the BC Cancer Agency.