How to arrange a Women’s Health Consultation
To request a Private Medical Consultation with Dr. Frame, please complete the Women’s Introduction Questionnaire.
If you prefer to download the forms, print and fax them back to us at 604-261-8878 or scan and email to [email protected]
Once Dr. Frame reviews your information, our clinic will be in contact with you.
- Fill out Introduction Questionnaire for WOMEN
- Once Dr. Frame has reviewed your information and approved your suitability, our clinic will contact you to set up an initial 1-hour consultation. This requires a pre-payment of $600 for your first appointment which you can pay with a credit card over the phone.
- You will be asked to fill out the In-Depth Health Questionnaire for WOMEN and attach any recent blood work you may have had done.
What is included in a Women’s Health Consultation?
Anti-Aging Medical & Laser Clinic in Vancouver offers a Women’s Health Consultation with Dr Gidon Frame to maintain and improve your sexual, physical and mental functioning. This can cover the following:
1. Full medical history review
2. Family history
3. Psychosocial evaluation to rule out depression, anxiety, adult ADHD
5. Physical fitness, muscle, bone and skin improvement including osteoporosis
6. Urine and bladder function
8. Heart attack, stroke and diabetes risk evaluation
Why is a Women’s Health Consultation useful?
As women approach menopause their metabolism changes profoundly. A Pap test and mammogram is an important start but only addresses two types of cancer, cervix cancer and breast cancer. Family history and genetic testing may well be needed to evaluate cancer risk.
Women are far more complex than breast and cervix cancers. More women die of heart attack and stroke than from cancer. Women present with heart disease in a way that is very different from men. This causes them to miss or ignore the early signs. Many women don’t know how high their risk of heart attack and stroke really is. Sometimes, it takes a detailed, personal evaluation including blood, exercise stress test, ultrasound and cardiac CT to uncover the level of risk. This will determine how aggressively to lower cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar.
As we age, our hormones decline. Anabolic hormones such as growth hormone and testosterone go down slowly and can often be addressed with lifestyle modification ie., eat less and exercise more. Unfortunately for many women, menopause transitions are more traumatic with Suzanne Sommer’s Seven Dwarves of Menopause hitting hard. That would be Itchy, Bitchy, Sweaty, Sleepy, Forgetful, Bloated and Psycho.
While some women sail through peri-menopause easily, some women’s lives are severely impacted. The most important question is whether Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement (HRT) is safe and appropriate. Only an individualized personal, medical evaluation can determine if HRT is safe for you. The Women’s Health Initiative warned us that women over 60 who smoke and have high blood pressure are not good candidates for Hormone Replacement Therapy.