Many women suffer terribly through menopausal changes. Suzanne Somers, in her books The Sexy Years and Ageless, she has discussed the 7 dwarfs of menopause: ITCHY, BITCHY, SWEATY, SLEEPY, BLOATED, FORGETFUL, and ALL DRIED UP. Hormone replacement therapy can address many of these concerns.
Do you have?
1. Hot flashes and night sweats?
2. Disrupted sleep and daytime sleepiness?
3. Poor concentration and memory?
4. Irritability and nervousness?
5. Dry sagging skin?
6. Vaginal dryness and stiffness?
If your life is disrupted by these symptoms, bioidentical hormone replacement (BHRT) could drastically improve the quality of your life. Seek help from Dr. Gidon Frame, a North American Menopause Society certified practitioner (NACP)Dr. Gidon Frame, discusses HRT safety.
A personalized, hormone evaluation entails:
- medical history review to look for risk of heart attack, stroke, clotting, cancer and osteoporosis
- symptom review to correlate with estrogen, progesterone or testosterone excess or deficiency
- a physical exam to rule out contraindications (reasons NOT to use hormones)
- investigations to check for risk of side effects
- blood, saliva or urine tests to quantify hormone levels
- discussion of pro and cons of various hormone regimes
NEXT STEP: To request an appointment with Dr. Frame:
Please complete the Women’s Private Medical Introduction Questionnaire
If you prefer to download the forms, print and fax them back to us at 604-261-8878 or scan and email to [email protected]
Once complete, Dr. Frame will review your information and our clinic will be in contact with you.
- Fill out Introduction Questionnaire for WOMEN.
- Once Dr. Frame has reviewed your information and approved your suitability, our clinic will contact you to set up an initial 1-hour consultation. This requires a pre-payment of $600 for your first appointment.
- You will be asked to fill out the In-Depth Health Questionnaire for WOMEN and attach any recent blood work you may have had done.
Video series from NAMS: