What is it?
These tiny broken red veins can occur with normal aging or through excessive wind and ultraviolet exposure. The little, broken capillaries on the edge of the nose are often bothersome. No amount of cream or facial topical treatment seems to improve telangiectasia.
What causes Broken Capillaries?
Most commonly found in the nose and cheek area, these small red or pink ‘threads’ are part of the extensive vein network that carries the blood supply of the face. When the walls of these tiny veins narrow and widen too quickly, they may tear, allowing blood to seep out and visibly mark the area of damage. Individuals with dehydrated, dry and sensitive skin often have thinner tissue, which allows more trauma to the veins. While heredity plays a part (and fair, thin-skinned people are most prone), broken capillaries are most often caused by environmental factors such as:
- Extreme temperature changes
- Trauma (i.e. squeezing pimples)
- Constant pressure (i.e. wearing glasses)
- High alcohol consumption
What can be done?
- IPL Photofacial provides the ideal wavelength of light energy to destroy these small capillaries, coagulating the blood in them to be carried away by your immune system.
- SkinCeuticals Redness Neutralizer
- Venus Viva