What is chest loose skin?
With increasing sun damage and aging (photo aging) the skin between the breasts and below the throat may become loose, crepe-like and have an uneven tone. We lose fat layers as we age which leaves the chest loose skin less to stretch over, causing it to fold and wrinkle.
Many of us apply sunscreen to the face but forget to protect this area. Low cut blouses in summer leave women particularly vulnerable. This skin is difficult to tighten with lifestyle, exercise, or even surgery. Chest skin reacts well to laser and IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) treatments. Resurfacing the skin or forcing the collagen to grow will improve the texture and tone and also help thicken the skin itself.
What can be done?
Always start with protecting your chest from further sun damage by using a broad spectrum sun block daily and wear light scarves and high neck shirts if you are going to be in the sun.
- Thermage CPT will help tighten the skin with radio frequency. Only one treatment per year is usually needed.
- Fraxel Dual 1550/1927 a series of 4 treatments will significantly improve the quality of your chest loose skin.
- Venus Viva an ablative laser with only a few days downtime. 3 treatments recommended.
- Vivier – C & E Peptides a powerful antioxidant serum that helps reverse sun damage and protect the skin from free radicals.
- SkinCeuticals – C & E Ferulic Vitamin C serum improves the appearance of lines and wrinkles, loss of firmness, and brightens skin’s complexion.
- SkinCeuticals – Retinols
- Skin Medica – Essential Serum-growth factors and seven antioxidants fight free radical damage