What are fine lines?
Aging of the face produces slow, relentless, fine lines. Smoking and sun exposure accelerate this process. Genetics and family history play a large role too. The best treatment is always prevention.
While we cannot actually extend the life span of human beings yet, Anti-Aging Medicine is a discipline dedicated to managing the aging process, so-called “Age Management.” Any intervention that reduces production of “toxic” substances like free radicals, will slow the breakdown of skin integrity and elasticity.
What can be done?
Fine lines can be best reduced with a combination of laser treatments and neurotoxins such as Botox, Dysport or Xeomin. Dermal fillers are used where they will give the best results such as around the mouth and in the glabella (frown) area.
- Fraxel Dual 1550 provides fractionated laser resurfacing to slowly turn over new skin and produce a smoother effect.
- Thermage CPT radio frequency treatment increases collagen and tightens skin on the face and body.
- Anti-aging skin care products can improve the appearance of fine lines on the skin.
- SkinCeuticals gel peels with glycolic and lactic acid or salicylic and mandelic acid can provide accelerated exfoliation to improve skin texture.
- Venus Viva reduces lines, resurfaces and remodels the skin with very little, if any, downtime.