What are large pores?
Large pores can often be unsightly, especially if blocked with debris, dirt, and bacteria.
We need our pores but some people with thicker, oilier skin tend to have larger pores. This can be hereditary or caused by blackheads and acne. As the pores block with debris such as keratin, dirt, and bacteria, the thickened oil builds up, swells the pore, and expands it.
What can be done?
- Regular cleansing removes debris and excess oil. Anti-aging skin care products including antioxidants such as vitamin C help to increase collagen and elastin. Retinols help to reduce keratin and debris.
- Exfoliation with facial, peels and microdermabrasion also removes debris and dead skin. If performed regularly these treatments can lead to an appearance of smaller pores.
- Microdermabrasion removes the top layer of dead skin as well as debris thereby smoothing and improving the textural appearance of the face.
- Fraxel Dual 1550/1927 provides fractionated laser resurfacing to effectively smooth skin and reduce the appearance of large pores on a long term basis.
- INFINI RF Microneedling a little to no downtime, nearly painless procedure that can greatly improve wrinkling, scars, and skin laxity and refines pores.