What are neck wrinkles?
Wrinkles around the neck may be a consequence of loose skin but can appear from excessive muscle contractions. The natural process of aging as well as excessive ultraviolet damage, smoking, and poor diet are also associated with increased wrinkle formation. Often these types of wrinkles are hereditary, i.e., we age in a similar fashion to our ancestors.
Unfortunately, most of us buy and use good skin care products for our face yet consistently forget to apply it to our neck and decolletage. Without the benefits of this extra care, our faces tend to appear more youthful but our necks give our age away.
Fraxel results vary by individual patient and results cannot be guaranteed
What can be done?
As with all skin wrinkles and issues, sun protection is the best way to halt further damage. Applying a broad spectrum sunblock on your face and neck daily, year-round will be your first step to rejuvenating your skin and maintaining your results.
Thermage results vary by individual patient and results cannot be guaranteed.
- Neuromodulators works better for vertical wrinkles than horizontal wrinkles.
- Fraxel Dual 1550/1927-Skin resurfacing with a fractional laser with minimal downtime (redness and minor swelling)
- Thermage CPT-Skin tightening for face and neck with no downtime.
- Venus Viva ablative resurfacing to improve tone and texture with only several days downtime.
- Fine Filler to horizontal wrinkles in certain circumstances.