What Rosacea & Redness?
Rosacea & redness is a common inflammatory skin condition that cannot be cured but it can be managed. Typically this produces red cheeks, nose, chin and forehead and can be accompanied by bumping which can look like acne. There is general red pigment with visible blood vessels. Rosacea can also affect the eyes with redness or irritation.
This inflammatory response is connected to the innate immune system which responds to environmental and physiological attacks with:
- Dilation (opening) of blood vessels causing visible redness
(Results vary by individual patient and results cannot be guaranteed)
What can be done?
There are many prescription topical medical options that you can get from your doctor and an oral antibiotic if needed. There are energy devices which can reduce the appearance of blood vessels, flushing, and red pigment.
- IPL Photofacial treats redness. Multiple treatments may be needed to achieve desired results and then a 6 month on-going maintenance treatment is recommended.
- Venus Viva has been very effective at improving the appearance of Rosacea.
- Non-prescription products: SkinCeuticals – Redness Neutralizer, Phyto-Corrective Gel , SkinMedica Retinol .25, Vivier Lexxel Rosacea Moisturizing Cream, ZO Medical Rozatrol Normalizing Serum.
- Bumps and pimples can be controlled with oral antibiotics. Oral antibiotics are also useful for eye Rosacea.
- Topical metronidazole containing topical antibiotics such as metronidazole creams or gels may be useful.