What is skin blotchiness?
This is a general term for the roughness of the skin with variable pigment alterations. Skin blotchiness is the result of many years of UV damage from the sun and is difficult to treat but even a small improvement can change the visual effect and make you appear younger and healthier.
Usually, a mixture of brown pigment and redness is present and we look to lasers and creams that can treat both as well as smooth the texture of the skin.
(Results vary by individual patient and results cannot be guaranteed)
(Results from Venus Viva)
What can be done?
We want to approach skin blotchiness from all sides. IPL or Intense Pulsed Light (photofacial) can coagulate the blood in the broken capillaries causing the redness and will literally ‘toast’ brown spots that will disappear slowly over a ten-day period. It also stimulates collagen leaving your skin looking plumper and smoother. A series of up to four treatments may be needed depending on the severity of the damage.
- Fraxel Dual 1550/1927 is an ideal fractional laser resurfacing treatment program that works on a deeper level to resurface the skin. It does not target redness so a combination of IPL and Fraxel may best for some. We carry the Fraxel Dual which offers the combination of 1550 nm and 1927nm improving both texture and pigment with multiple treatments.
- Venus Viva for skin resurfacing for smoothing with less downtime than the Fraxel. It can be used when schedules cannot tolerate time off from work or events. There is a general redness lasting only a day or two but can be covered with mineral powder if needed.
- INFINI RF Microneedling maximizes skin volumization, provides dramatic skin tightening and skin rejuvenation.
- Anti-aging skin care products can address various aspects of “blotchiness”. Some products will improve texture: Retinol, TNS Essential Serum, Retexturizing Activator, Vitamin CE Peptides serum, GlyPro Renewal Cream.
- Tone and colour: Advanced Pigment Corrector, Redness Neutralizer, Lytera 2.0