If you’ve considered a brow lift in Vancouver but are concerned about surgery risks and recovery time, Anti-Aging Medical & Laser Clinic provides a quick, non-surgical brow lift that lifts the forehead skin and reduces the heavy, tired appearance of a drooping brow. You’ll look more alert, healthy, vibrant and youthful…and all without surgery!
Contact us to book a brow lift or to learn about brow lift costs.
What is a brow lift?
With aging, the forehead skin and brow begin to sag, unable to withstand the effects of gravity because of deteriorating collagen – the underlying scaffolding that gives skin its elasticity and strength. Drooping brows shorten the eyelid-to-eyebrow distance, making the area appear hooded, dark (in shadow) and tired. Precisely placed neuromodulator injections alone are often enough to create a forehead lift for some patients, while others may require a small amount of dermal filler such as Belotero, Emervel, Juvederm ® or Restylane ® under the eyebrows to further raise the eyelid area.
(Photos: Dr. Gidon Frame – Results vary by individual patient and results cannot be guaranteed)
Benefits of a brow lift
Lifting the brow creates a youthful, brighter appearance and in most cases an eyebrow peak can also be restored. Other benefits of this combination treatment are:
- No downtime
- Painless and quick
- Non-surgical, non-invasive face lift
- Results last 3-4 months
Am I a good candidate?
If you notice changes in your brow shape and position, suffer from puffy eyelids that make you look tired, and it has become difficult to apply eye makeup, you may be a good candidate for a brow lift.
Brow lift contraindications
Do not have this procedure if you:
- Are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- Have any sensitivity or allergy to botulinum toxin or to any of the ingredients of neuromodulators.
- Have an infection at the site where the injection is to be given.
- Are diagnosed with myasthenia gravis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or Eaton Lambert syndrome.
Because a non-surgical brow lift may combine neuromodulators with other dermal fillers, it’s important that you understand the contraindications for each product used.
Before the treatment
- Plan your treatment at least 2 weeks before a big event.
- Avoid Aspirin, Motrin, Advil (ibuprofen), non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs) and other blood thinners for a few days before the treatment.
- Avoid red wine consumption a few days prior to your treatment.
What happens during the treatment?
After taking a set of ‘before’ photos, if needed, a technician will apply a thin layer of numbing gel to the areas to be injected. The ointment will take 10-20 minutes to take effect. A consultation will help determine the treatment plan: how much is needed and whether filler will also be necessary to achieve the brow lift / forehead lift.
During the treatment, the injection sites will be iced just prior to injecting. The combination of topical anaesthetic and ice make the treatment relatively painless.
Treatment time: 5-15 minutes plus time for the numbing agent to take effect.
After the treatment
- Your skin may be pink and slightly swollen in the injection areas (this usually subsides about an hour after the treatment).
- Though minor bruising and swelling usually resolve within a few days, in a minority of cases these after-effects may last up to 2 weeks.
- Most people can resume their regular activities right away.
- Neuromodulator results take 3-7 days to become noticeable.
Recovery time: No downtime required, but in some cases where post-treatment swelling or bruising is more noticeable or lasts longer, patients may feel more comfortable taking social downtime.
How many brow lift treatments will I need?
1 treatment should provide about 6 months of lift. Neuromodulator results last about 3 months and fillers may last 6-9 months depending on which are used.
Other treatment options
Our skin and laser clinic in Vancouver, BC, Canada, offers a number of non-surgical face lift treatments that can lift and tighten your skin.