PicoWay® is a laser so fast it’s measured in picoseconds (a trillionth of a second). The speed and peak energy at which it operates allows for fast, effective, and safe laser skin treatments with minimal downtime. It uses short laser pulses to stimulate natural collagen production for a younger-looking skin tone and lighten pigmentation.
Starting from: $180 – $800 See pricing details
Recommended number of sessions: 1-6 treatments, 4-8 weeks apart
Treatment duration: Approximately 20-60 minutes
PicoWay Gives Brighter, Young-Looking Skin
- Resolves or reduces scars, wrinkles, sunspots, fine lies, acne scars, pigmented lesions
- Minimal pain with topical local anesthetic and very minimal downtime ranging from 1-14 days depending on the concern(s)
- Pigment reduction average of 3-14 days
For the Face
- Resolves unwanted signs of aging and skin abnormalities
- Treats scars, wrinkles, dark spots, sun damage, and fine lines
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks
- Stimulates collagen and elastin growth in the treated area
- Reduces ridges that have formed over the years
- No healing process as there are no wounds or skin openings
How it works
PicoWay Uses Picosend Technology for Beautiful Skin
The PicoWay has several handpieces that allow it to operate for different needs. For rejuvenation, we use the Resolve handpieces to treat acne scarring and wrinkles, while the Zoom 532 & 1064, 730 and 785 handpieces treats dark spots and moles.
- Pregnant and/or breastfeeding
- Pacemaker/ internal defibrillator, superficial mental and other implants (in the treatment area)
- Current or history of skin cancer, current or history of any other cancer; active sores, Psoriasis, eczema, rash, skin disorders, keloids, and abnormal wound healing
- On medications that trigger light sensitivity: Accutane®, Tetracycline®, etc.
- Other types of laser within 4 weeks of time, any chemical peel within 2 weeks of time and active tan from the sun, sunbeds, tanning creams, etc.
The Resolve handpiece fractionates the laser into 101 small beams that are highly effective for collagen growth stimulation. The Zoom handpieces allow us to treat dark spots and moles.
…Staff is always courteous and Dr. Frame is very personable and is easy to talk to.
If you want a truly great combination that’s very effective try 4 Picoway’s…you’ll be getting the most modern laser…
Before + after
How Much is PicoWay Laser?
The cost of our PicoWay treatment varies and can range from $180 up to $1,200 for face and neck.
PicoWay laser costs depend on treatment area and concern. Melasma spots and full-face treatment usually cost $800, while post-surgical scars typically cost $500. Face and neck combined cost $1,200. To ensure our treatments are as affordable as possible, we offer treatment packages, which maximize savings as treatment areas and sessions are purchased collectively. Financing is also available.
The number of treatments depends on the area and the concern that you encounter. Skin tightening and acne scarring may require 4–8 treatments. In most cases, the treatments will be spaced about 4 to 8 weeks apart depending on the area (4 weeks for face and 6-8 weeks for body).
Avoid the following products 4-7 days before your PicoWay Laser treatment.
- Depilatory Creams
- Laser Hair Removal
- BOTOX® injections (should wait 1 week)
Also, 3-5 days before your PicoWay Laser treatment, avoid the following products and/or procedures:
- Any exfoliating products that may be drying or irritating
- Retin-A®, Renova®, Differin®, Tazorac®
- Any products containing retinol, alpha -hydroxy acid (AHA), beta-hydroxy acid (BHA), or benzoyl peroxide
- Patients who have had medical cosmetic facial treatments such as laser therapy, dermal fillers etc., should wait until skin sensitivity completely resolves
This treatment is meant to be done in conjunction with a skincare routine. After your first laser session, we give advice to care for your skin; we would recommend a gentle cleanser, moisturizer, and a physical sunblock of at least SPF 30 along with a skin brightener to enhance the result.
Some patients may experience short-term effects, such as redness, itching, mild burning, swelling, or temporary bruising. Pigmented areas may appear darker or lighter for the first several days but return to normal pigmentation colour in less than a week. You may see darker spots peeling or falling off in the treatment site, but this is a normal part of the process.