Looking for a medium to deep chemical peel in Vancouver? SkinTx ® Jessner Peel softens fine lines, reduces sun spots, reduces acne, and results in smoother, more evenly toned skin. This acid peel treatment is quick and results are immediate.
To book a consultation or learn about Jessner peel costs, contact our skin care centre.
What is SkinTx ® Jessner Peel?
The SkinTx Jessner Peel is a professional, pharmaceutical grade treatment that contains 14% lactic acid, 14% salicylic acid, and 14% resorcinol. This combination gel delivers a medium to deep peel. Follow-up with SkinTx Skin Care System intensifies the results, giving you soft, clear, even skin.
(Photo courtesy of lambaround.blogspot.ca – Results vary by individual patient and results cannot be guaranteed)
Benefits of SkinTx ® Jessner Peel
The Jessner series of peels and skincare can:
- improve skin texture and tone
- soften fine lines
- diminish pigmentation
- decrease acne breakouts
- reduce the appearance of acne scars
- correct hyperpigmentation from sun exposure
- decrease pore size
Am I a good candidate?
If you have discoloration, spots, acne scars, or fine lines, you are a good candidate for our Vancouver SkinTx Jessner Peels.
Skintx Jessner peel contraindications
Do not have a SkinTx Jessner peel or any chemical peel treatment if you have:
- Aspirin (or ASA) allergy or sensitivity
- Active skin infections or inflammation
- Sunburned skin
- Active acne
- Unhealed wounds
- Hypersensitive skin
- Recently had other chemical peel or deep exfoliation treatments
- Recently taken or will take Accutane. Discontinue Accutane 6-months prior to a chemical peel.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Before the treatment
- Read and understand the product contraindications.
- Patients with herpes and on herpes medication, must take the medication before treatment.
What happens during the treatment?
The SkinTx Jessner treatment is generally well tolerated, although everyone’s experience is slightly different. When the Jessner peel is applied to your skin, you may feel a slight tingling and stinging that subsides in a few minutes. The peel is left on your skin to work overnight. After the treatment, your skin may appear red, dry and irritated – like you have a mild sunburn. This after effect is a normal part of the process.
Treatment time: Approximately 30 minutes.
After the treatment
- On the night of your treatment, you may rinse your skin gently with warm water only, and pat dry. If possible, it is recommended that you leave the Jessner peel on overnight and wash your face the following morning.
- Peeling and redness, if any, may last 3–5 days.
- Do not rub, pick or peel the skin as scarring may result.
- Avoid harsh cleansers or roughly textured washcloths.
- Only use the skin care products recommended by your technician.
- Do not have any other facial treatment for 2 weeks after the procedure.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 2 weeks and wear sunblock daily.
Recovery time: No downtime required. In some cases, it may take 1-2 weeks for post-treatment redness and peeling to subside. In such cases, clients may prefer to take social downtime.
How many treatments will I need?
The number of SkinTx Jessner Peel treatments required depends on the amount of improvement your skin needs. We recommend that you start with 2 peel treatments, spaced 4-6 weeks apart, followed up by maintenance treatments as needed. 3 peels per year is usually enough to maintain skin clarity.
Other treatment options
Anti-Aging Medical & Laser in Vancouver, BC, Canada offers other SkinTx chemical peel treatments that improve the skin’s appearance. A consultation will determine which peel is right for you.
More information about SkinTx Jessner Peel
- View the Vivier ® SkinTx line of skin care products.
A HAPPY FACE
Shelley has always given me great service and that hasn’t changed. I’m finding that my skin just after 2 Microdermabrasions with the peel, my pores are looking smaller and my skin in general is looking finer. I have two more treatments which I look forward to and can’t wait to see how much more improvement I will see. I think I will try to continue this treatment on a regular basis. I believe it is recommended that I come in every 3 months now for this treatment once having 4 treatments close together.