How much is your Botox per unit? This seems to be a common enquiry on the phone. As with all questions, there are a number of questions in return.
Botox, Dysport and Xeomin are injectable medications that relax muscles. The more you use, the more relaxed the muscle, the longer it lasts (usually 3 months). Therefore it is vital to know HOW much Botox is needed, how long it needs to last, how relaxed and which muscles will be injected to produce the desired effect.
It is false economy to try to save $2 per unit, only to receive more units than needed. Likewise, the skill of assessment, dosing and placement as well as the experience of the injector is more important than saving 10 to 20 dollars.
Derma filler injection lasts 9-12 months and is important to appear natural, smooth, well placed and rejuvenating. Once again, the price includes the actual filler as well as the experience and skill of the injector. No one wants to save money but land up looking funny, overfilled or underfilled.
Here are some of the more important questions to ask:
- How many years has the doctor been injecting?
- What are the qualifications of this injector?
- How much training has the doctor had?
- What is the assessment and evaluation process like?
- Is there follow up and adjustment if necessary?
- How are problems dealt with?