(Results vary by individual patient and results cannot be guaranteed)
I can’t tell you how many people still come into our clinic worrying about the ‘dangers of Botox.’
Wanting to have it, but turning themselves into knots during their consult burning through their internet found fears. We hear “I hate these lines between my brows but I’m afraid to put poison into my head.”
Of course, most of the staff here have been entrusting the diminishing of their wrinkles to Botox for up to 15 years so, for us, it’s a cakewalk! (Remember those? I loved circling those cakes in hopes I’d get to take the chocolate one home…I digress)
So if you are still on the fence whether to relax your frown into an ice rink, let me remind you of the facts.
Botox is not a poison, it is a purified protein and it is injected directly into specific muscles of the face to relax them and stop those muscles from crinkling your skin for up to 3 months at a time. It is not randomly stuck in your head roaming around trying to create havoc. Think of the way penicillin is made from mould. Makes sense?
Botox has been used for cosmetic purposes since 1992 and since 1984 Botox for medical conditions:
- to treat leakage of urine (incontinence) in adults with overactive bladder
- to treat excessive sweating, aka Hyperhidrosis
- to prevent headaches in adults with chronic migraines
- · to treat increased muscle stiffness in elbow, wrist, and finger muscles in people 18 years and older with upper limb spasticity
- to treat the abnormal head position and neck pain that happens with cervical dystonia (CD) in people 16 years and older
- to treat certain types of eye muscle problems (strabismus) or abnormal spasm of the eyelids (blepharospasm) in people 12 years and older
I can guarantee that the amount of Botox used in most of these medical treatments is far more than you will need to smooth a few wrinkles.
You can find terrifying stories all over the net for every procedure out there but Botox is like Anti-Aging 101. It has been used by millions of people all around the world and when injected by a trained physician with years of experience like Dr Gidon Frame, you can trust that you are in good hands and the safety of the Botox has been ensured.
Now, how about booking that appointment?! (604) 261-9121
Age is a state of mind. Aging is a treatable condition.
by M. Wally