Tired of shaving? Seeking a more permanent solution? If you are looking for laser hair removal in Vancouver BC, Anti-Aging Medical & Laser Clinic offers state-of-the-art laser technology that is virtually pain-free, effective, safe and can be used to reduce unwanted hair from any part of the body.
Compared with other methods, such as electrolysis and waxing, laser hair removal using the Soprano ICE Platinum is comfortable and results in permanent hair growth reduction.
- Virtually painless (no topical anaesthesia necessary)
- Treats all skin tones and hair types
- Proven safety record
- Can be done year round, including on tanned skin (not active tan)
- Fast & effective treatments
- No down time
- Perfect for any body area.
What is laser hair removal?
The Soprano ICE Platinum combines 3 laser technologies into one to treat effectively, efficiently, and faster than ever before. The SHR technology and In-Motion™ techniques ensure that the hair follicles are heated up to the effective temperature instead of being treated with a single high-energy pulse like the traditional laser hair removal machines.
This difference makes this laser hair removal treatment comfortable, safer, and quicker that do not require topical anaesthesia and have no down time.
The Soprano ICE Platinum combines:
- 755 nm wavelength Alex technology for the widest range of hair types and colour.
- 810 nm wavelength Speed™ technology for quicker treatments (nearly half the time).
- 1064 nm Nd:YAG wavelength technology for darker skin types and deeply embedded hair in areas such as the scalp, armpits, and pubic areas.
Benefits of laser hair removal
- More effective and less painful than other hair removal methods.
- Targets any area of the body.
- Normal activity is possible immediately after treatment.
- The laser treatment leaves you with clear, healthy looking skin.
- Results are long-lasting, effective, and safe.
(Results vary by individual patient and results cannot be guaranteed)
Am I a good candidate?
Laser hair removal treatments are most effective when hair is significantly darker than skin. If you have red or dark blonde hair, more treatments are required and results may vary. The best candidate has lighter skin and dark hair.
Areas most often treated are the face (such as the lips and eyebrows), bikini area, legs, arms and underarms, and men’s chest and back.
Before the treatment
- Avoid tanning before or between treatments.
- Do not pluck or wax the hair follicles within 8 weeks before the treatment.
- Shave the area 1-2 days before treatment.
What happens during the treatment?
On larger treatment areas, such as legs or back, your technician may mark out the area to be treated to ensure that hair isn’t missed. Next, a thin layer of water-based, ultra-sound gel is applied to keep the skin cool and increase the conduction of the energy.
During your laser hair removal treatment, you may feel some heat and a prickly sensation. Some people describe it as a warm massage.
Treatment time: between 30 minutes and up to 1 hour depending on the size of the area being treated. No down time.
After the treatment
- If your skin still feels hot when you return home, use cold packs to cool the area.
- Use only gentle cleansers and moisturizers (such as aloe vera gel).
- Avoid sauna/steam rooms, hot showers, baths, and swimming pools for 24-48 hours.
- Do not use your regular makeup for 24 hours except for mineral makeup (which may be applied any time after the treatment).
- Do not use perfumed products for 24-48 hours.
- Use sunscreen with SPF 30-50 for 4 weeks on areas exposed to direct sunlight.
- Rarely, minor blistering may occur, but can be treated with Polysporin.
- Rarely, spots of darkened pigment occur, but resolve themselves.
Recovery time: no downtime required.
- Do not tan between treatments. Active tanned skin cannot be treated.
- Do not wax or pluck hairs between treatments because a root must be intact for the laser treatment to work.
- Shaving is permitted between treatments.
- Call the clinic if you have any concerns: 604-261-9121.
How many treatments will I need?
The number of laser hair removal treatments you’ll need for optimal results is difficult to predict. Each treatment results in about 20% hair reduction. With each new cycle of growth, less hair grows back. After a sufficient number of treatments (depending on hair/skin type and the area being treated) you will notice permanent hair reduction.
Hair growth occurs in cycles including a growth phase (anagen phase) and resting phase (telogen phase). Because laser treatments are only effective on hair in the growth phase, several treatments are often required.
For more information about laser hair removal in Vancouver, contact us.