Soprano® ICE Platinum
Tired of shaving? Want a more permanent solution?
If you’re looking for laser hair removal, our certified laser technicians provide state-of-the-art laser technology that is virtually pain-free and effective. Compared with electrolysis or waxing, laser hair removal using the Soprano ICE Platinum is comfortable and safe. Reduce unwanted hair from any part of your body.
Starting from: $100-450, depending on treatment area. See pricing details
Recommended number of sessions: 4-6
Treatment duration: Approximately 30 minutes, 4-6 weeks apart
Required maintenance: Every 4-6 weeks
Permanent Hair Removal from Your Body
For the Body
- Perfect for any area of your body
- Reduce unwanted hair from your face
- Treats all skin tones, ranging from coarse to fine hair
- More effective and less painful than other hair removal methods
- Leaves you with clear, healthy looking skin
- Virtually painless (no topical anesthesia necessary)
- Proven safety record
- Can be done year round, including on tanned skin (not active tan)
- No down time
- Results are long-lasting, effective, and safe
- Fast and effective treatments
- Normal activity is possible immediately after treatment
How it works
Soprano ICE Platinum Laser Technology
Laser hair removal works by heating the hair follicle (where growth begins) to a temperature high enough that it’s destroyed but low enough that skin is undamaged. The Soprano ICE Platinum is unique:
- It emits 3 laser wavelengths simultaneously:
- 755 nm wavelength Alexandrite technology for the widest range of hair types and colours.
- 810 nm wavelength Speed™ technology for quick treatments.
- 1064 nm Nd: YAG wavelength technology for darker skin types and deeply embedded hair in the scalp, armpits, and pubic areas.
- Its In-Motion™ delivery technique has a unique repetitive motion for continuous, even treatment.
- Its cooled tip reduces the risk of skin burns.
These innovations make this laser hair removal treatment more effective, safer, and faster than other hair removal treatments without anesthetic or downtime.
After a couple treatments of laser hair removal for my arms, my hair has been removed.
…Staff made me feel really comfortable and were extremely knowledgeable on the issues I had with skin and helped me fix nearly all of them
I have been going to Dr. Frame for approximately 10 years now and I couldn’t be happier with the results from the procedures I have chosen
From my very first visit to this place up until now, three years later…I’ve never been disappointed with my experience at this centre
Doctor Frame is the best doctor I ever had. Always researching, up to date with what is new, and always listens to the patients
The treatment experience
Personalized Treatments, Always
Your laser hair reduction treatment plan depends on your skin and hair type, growth patterns, age, and hormonal background. As you have unique expectations and goals, we require you to schedule a consultation with one of our highly qualified staff to create a comprehensive and personalized treatment plan.
Your Guide to Laser Hair Removal
Before the Treatment
Avoid tanning before and after treatments. Do not pluck, tweeze, thread or wax hair follicles for 8 weeks before treatment. Shave the area 24 hours before treatment.
During the Treatment
On larger treatment areas (legs, back), your technician may mark the area. Then a thin layer of water-based ultrasound gel is applied to the skin to keep it cool and increase energy conductivity. You may feel a warm sensation during your treatment.
After the Treatment
If your skin still feels warm, use cold packs to cool the area. Use gentle cleansers and moisturizers. Avoid sauna/steam rooms, hot showers, baths, and swimming pools for 24 hours and do not use perfumed products or makeup for 24 hours, except for mineral makeup. Use sunscreen with SPF 30–50 for 4 weeks. Do not pluck, tweeze, thread, or wax the hair between treatments.
How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost?
It varies from $100 to $450, depending on the size of the treatment area and the number of sessions. Treatment areas are categorized into small ($100), medium ($175), large ($275), and extra-large ($450). To ensure our treatments are as affordable as possible, we offer packages of 4 or 6 for additional savings. After 6 treatments, if the hair is not completely gone, you can purchase additional sessions for 50% off.
The Soprano ICE Platinum is wonderful in that it can safely treat all skin and hair types. Laser hair reduction is most effective when your hair is significantly darker than your skin. If you have red or blonde hair, typically you may require more treatments and results can vary.
The best (and really only) way to know if you are a candidate for treatment is to schedule a consultation with a member of our highly qualified staff.
Do not pluck, tweeze, thread, or wax your hair 8 weeks before or in between treatments because the hair root must be intact for the laser treatment to be successful. Shaving is permitted between treatments.
The number of laser hair removal treatments you’ll need for optimal results is difficult to predict. Each treatment results in about 20% hair reduction. With each new cycle of growth, less hair grows back.
Hair growth occurs in cycles:
- Anagen (growth phase)
- Telogen (resting phase)
- Catagen (regression of the hair follicle phase)
Because laser treatments are only effective during the anagen phase, several treatments are often required to ensure effective hair reduction.
The following are contraindications to laser hair removal.
- If you have a pacemaker or internal defibrillator.
- If you use topical retinoids or retinol, avoid 1 week prior to treatment.
- If you are currently undergoing or have had Accutane treatment within the last 6 months.
- If you have a predisposition to keloid formation or excessive scarring or have suspicious lesions.
- If you used tetracycline, minocycline, doxycycline, or erythromycin in the last month.
- If you have any history of vitiligo, scleroderma, collagen disorders, radiation treatment, skin cancer, psoriasis, keloid formation.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
A contraindication refers to a symptom or medical condition that prevents a person from receiving a particular treatment because it may be harmful.
After getting laser hair removal, you should avoid the following:
- Avoid direct sunlight from hitting your treated skin.
- Avoid using tanning equipment, such as a tanning bed or sun lamp.
- Follow our recommended after care instructions.