Aging and prolonged sun exposure can lead to reduced collagen and elastin creating thinning skin on the face and body. Prolonged corticosteroid use also thins the skin and unfortunately, eating collagen supplements doesn’t help. The collagen molecule is too large to be absorbed if you swallow it. So, eating the right foods that are rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids helps the body make more collagen. Stimulating your own collagen to grow through skincare with active ingredients and doctor-recommended laser and skin treatments is your best solution.
– UV Exposure
– Diet low in fresh fruit and vegetables
– Lack of exercise, smoking, and use of alcohol
– Certain Medications (blood thinners and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like Advil or Aleve
Home treatments for thin skin include dermatologist recommended skincare products with retinoids and some nutritional supplements.
Popular Treatments for Thinning Skin
Ulthera ® uses ultrasound images to identify the depth and location of your collagen-rich tissue in order to pinpoint exactly where to deliver the energy. This increased collagen can help improve your thinning skin.
Dermal Fillers can easily add volume to your temples or above the brow to help lift the eyelids and reduce the appearance of sagging or drooping eyelids. This procedure is quick and pain free without any downtime.
PicoWay® is a laser so fast it’s measured in picoseconds (a trillionth of a second). The speed and peak energy at which it operates allows for fast, effective, and safe laser skin treatments with minimal downtime. It uses short laser pulses to stimulate natural collagen production to address thinning skin concerns.
All Treatments for Thinning Skin
Book Your Initial Consulation in 3 Simple Steps
- Enter your details and areas of concern.
- Select a day and time on Jane App.
- Pay a consultation fee of $125 (this fee is applied toward your treatment).
Already a Patient?Book Your Next Appointment
Book Your Initial Consultation Now And Get A $25 Gift Card*
Pre-qualify in 10 seconds
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a Member
- Pre-authorized Debit Only
- 0% Interest If Paid In Full Within 12 months